Fuel Tank Repair Warranty
!!! LONGEST WARRANTY IN THE INDUSTRY!!!
Southwest Airframe & Tank Services offers the most comprehensive, yet basic, aircraft warranty program available in aviation today. Our technicians are highly qualified in maintenance and repair services to fix your aircraft. All our technicians are A&P licensed and we are an FAA approved repair station.
Standard Limited Warranty – (summary)
- Approved repair of all Classifications of fuel leaks and recommended preventative items – One-Year Warranty
- Partial repair of fuel leaks – 180 day / Six Month Warranty (Still longest in industry!)
- No travel expenses are ever charged to our customers for return warranty coverage within 30 days of repair completion.
- Fleet Management Program – specific warranty coverage available extending from major letter check to check.
- Customer references available for verification of warranty services.
STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY
Southwest Airframe & Tank Services (S.W.A.T.) represents and warrants that its workmanship conforms to the requirements of the manufacturer of the fuel systems and airframes, and that the quality of such workmanship is in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Federal Aviation Administration Regulations.
Removal and installation of fuel bladders, wing panels, leak repair, corrosion removal and repair, airframe structural repairs, Service Bulletins and/or repaired by S.W.A.T. are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship performed by S.W.A.T. for a term of 180 DAYS, effective upon completion of work performed by S.W.A.T.
With complete repair of all fuel leak classifications S.W.A.T. Standard Limited Warranty may be extended for a term of 1 YEAR from completion.
Warranty allowances shall not exceed the net price shown on the original repair invoice.
This warranty becomes effective after the completion of a minimum (8) hour, full fuel leak check to the satisfaction of S.W.A.T.
The responsibility of S.W.A.T. under this warranty is further limited by the following conditions:
- Defects, if any in workmanship performed by S.W.A.T. must, in order for such warranty to apply, be discovered during the warranty period defined herein and S.W.A.T. must be given prompt notice in writing or by phone, within ten days after such defects are discovered.
- The fuel work or its component parts must be returned to S.W.A.T. facilities after notice of failure has been given and S.W.A.T. must be afforded the opportunity to perform corrective work at the facility of its choice, unless such work is otherwise authorized in writing, by S.W.A.T.
- If the customer chooses for the re-work to be performed at their facility, it will be necessary for an S.W.A.T. supervisor to discuss and concur with the customer. If it is agreed that the responsibility is with S.W.A.T., then S.W.A.T., will perform the repairs at no charge. However, after 30 days from completion travel expense items such as airfare, per diem, hotel, automobile rental, and stand-by time, will be charged to the customer.
- S.W.A.T. may refuse to honor its warranty if the aircraft has had other maintenance performed in the area of question that alters or affects the work performed by, S.W.A.T. where damage occurred directly or indirectly to the area in question, by extreme or unusual weather conditions, pilot error, or landing conditions.
- S.W.A.T. does not warranty parts, materials, services supplied or performed by other companies, but agrees to use its best efforts to ensure that the suppliers and subcontractors warranties, with respect to such parts, materials, and services, will be extended to cover and be enforceable by the customer. S.W.A.T. will act for its customer in the proceeding of any claims or adjustments arising out and because of defective parts, materials, and workmanship in accordance with such suppliers and subcontractors’ warranties, not to include any legal expenses that may have incurred.
- S.W.A.T shall not be liable for any repairs or associated costs accomplished under S.W.A.T. warranty period that are performed by other companies. S.W.A.T warranty becomes invalid if warranty repair items are performed by any other companies, without prior written consent from S.W.A.T. management.
- This warranty is extended to the customer at the time of delivery and may be assigned or transferred with S.W.A.T. prior written consent.
- In no event shall S.W.A.T. be liable, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise for special consequential, incidental, or indirect delay of aircraft out of the workmanship performed, or material supplied by S.W.A.T. in the repair of Customer Property.
S.W.A.T. WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR FUEL LEAKS CAUSED BY THE REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION OF RUBBERIZED REMOVABLE FUEL CELLS 10 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, SINCE MANUFACTURE, DUE TO NORMAL DETERIORATION OF CELL MATERIAL, WHICH IS BEYOND S.W.A.T. CONTROL.
AN AIRCRAFT HAS MANY AREAS THAT HAVE POTENTIAL FOR FUEL LEAKS, Southwest Airframe & Tank Service, Inc. MAKES EVERY EFFORT DURING INITIAL LEAK CHECK OF AIRCRAFT THAT ALL FUEL LEAKS ARE ISOLATED AND IDENTIFIED FOR REPAIR. UNFORTUNATELY, AREAS THAT MAY HAVE NOT LEAKED DURING THIS LEAK CHECK MAY DEVELOP LEAKS AT A LATER DATE. Southwest Airframe & Tank Service, Inc. IS NABLE TO WARRANT ANY AREAS OR FASTENERS THAT Southwest Airframe & Tank Service, Inc. DID NOT REPLACE OR REPAIR PREVIOUSLY WITHIN ITS WARRANTY PERIOD.